Winter Storm Safety Reminders from PSE&G:
PSE&G Reminds Customers: Stay Safe and Connected During Winter Storm
PSE&G is preparing for the wintry weather forecasted to arrive tonight into tomorrow. Based on the forecast, we will quickly go from record warmth today to six to eight inches of heavy, wet snow that can weigh down trees and bring down power lines. PSE&G will have additional personnel scheduled and on standby, with extra tree crews and equipment at the ready.
We urge you to be cautious during and after the storm:
- To prevent carbon monoxide poisoning, do not run any gasoline powered engine, including generators and snowblowers, in a garage or any other enclosed space.
- Downed wires should always be considered “live.” Do not approach or drive over a downed line and do not touch anything that it might be in contact with.
- To report downed wires or power outages, call PSE&G’s Customer Service line at 1-800-436-PSEG.
- Report outages by logging into My Account at pseg.com or by texting “OUT” to 4PSEG (47734). To receive outage updates by text and/or email, sign up for MyAlerts at pseg.com/myalerts
- Our mobile-friendly website includes an “Outage Map” that is updated every 15 minutes and displays the location and status of power outages in PSE&G’s service area.