What Zone Are You in? Click to find out:
GRASS & LEAF DISPOSAL GUIDELINES:
Township of Livingston General Ordinance Chapter 178, “Littering” contains the following requirements for disposing of grass clippings and leaves for the 2013 leaf collection season.
NOTE: Anyone who does not follow the requirements for disposing of grass clippings and leaves may be subject to a fine as established in Chapter 178, “Littering”, of the Township of Livingston General Ordinances.
1. DO NOT dispose of grass clippings by placing or causing them to end up (i.e., through air blowers or other mechanical equipment) on adjacent property.
2. DO NOT dispose of grass clippings by depositing them in any catch basin or sewer or by leaving them along any curb line or gutter.
3. DO dispose of grass clippings only by putting them in a container.
1 DO NOT dispose of leaves by placing or causing them to end up (i.e., through air blowers or other mechanical equipment) on adjacent property.
2. DO NOT dispose of leaves by depositing them in any catch basin or sewer or by leaving them along any curb line or gutter.
3. DO dispose of leaves in containers, except during the scheduled annual leaf collection program.
4. DO place leaves at the curb line or in the gutter of that portion of the public street adjacent to the property from which the leaves are being disposed of only during the annual leaf collection program according to the times and dates in the published leaf collection program schedule.
5. DO NOT place leaves closer than 10 feet from any storm drain inlet or catch basin.
6. DO only place leaves in the street gutter only for a maximum period of 7 days before their actual collection.
7. DO – if you live on Essex County or NJ State roads – place leaves for disposal either in bags which have been provided by the Township or their equivalent. No leaves may be placed at the curb lines of these streets. Following are the County and State roads: Beaufort Avenue, East Cedar Street, Eisenhower Parkway, East/West Hobart Gap Road; Kennedy Parkway; Laurel Avenue; South/North Livingston Avenue, East/West Northfield Road, Old Short Hills Road, Parsonage Hill Road, Passaic Avenue, Shrewsbury Drive, South Orange Avenue, and Walnut Street; and State Highway Rt. 10 (East/West Mt. Pleasant Avenue).