Superintendent of Public Works
Administrative Office Town Garage
357 So. Livingston Avenue 235 So. Livingston Avenue
Livingston, NJ 07039-3994 Livingston, NJ 07039
Phone: 973-992-5000 ext: #5522 Phone: 973-535-7931
The primary function of the Public Works Department is maintaining municipal roads, curbs, storm drains and shade trees. Here are just some of the jobs handled by our Public Works Department employees:
- Responding to work orders generated as the result of citizen service requests.
- Conducting the metal recycling collection.
- Collecting and disposing of approximately 38,000 cubic yards of leaves every fall.
- Conducting a street sweeping program from April through October.
- Conducting a curb repair program from the Spring through the Summer.
- Conducting a year-round road and pothole repair program.
- Maintaining sidewalks on Township property.
- Supervising an annual crack sealing and microsurfacing program.
- Conducting a catch basin cleaning program that includes annually inspecting and cleaning over 3,100 catch basins, as needed.
- Conducting a year-round tree trimming, removal and planting program.
- Plowing all Township roads and school parking lots, including cleaning snow from public-owned sidewalks and municipal facilities.
- Providing street sign maintenance.
- Assisting other Township Departments as needed.
- Maintaining parks and athletic fields.
- Providing direction and supervision for the Division of Water and Sewer.