Office of Emergency Management
“To serve and protect citizens during a crisis”
Emergency Management Committee Coordinator:
– Police Chief Craig M. Handschuch, 973-992-3000
– Health Officer Louis E. Anello, 973-535-7961
The Township of Livingston has made it a priority to provide leadership to prepare for any emergency situation that may occur. Public health and safety are at the top of our list; with your help, we can meet the challenges which may lie ahead and prepare for any potential or actual threat to our citizens in any public health emergency.
We can work together to meet the needs of our community for an efficient and effective emergency preparedness action plan. We have put together valuable resources you can follow in order to be better prepared.
- Be Informed. Learn to recognize signs of potential impending emergency situations. Know where to tune for emergency information. Make sure you’re signed up for local Emergency Alerts.
- Build A Kit. That way, you’ll be ready if an emergency occurs.
Kit Supply List.
- A Family Emergency Plan will help ensure that you have critical contact information.
Family Emergency Plan Sheet.
- Get Involved. Whether you want to volunteer to help others or end up needing help yourself, know where to go and whom to call.
Community Preparedness makes a big difference!
The Office of Emergency Management and Health Department are creating a list of homebound residents who may need assistance evacuating their homes in the event of an emergency. If you are or know of a homebound Livingston resident, please complete the form and send to us.
Attention: Health Care Professionals
The Livingston Health Department is recruiting volunteer physicians, nurses, pharmacists and other health professionals for our emergency call list… read more