Frequently Asked Questions

Requesting a Service

*Visit our Self-Help Database*  –  *Request a Service/Report a Concern*

How do I submit a Service Request?
You may submit a request for service by using our easy online form or by calling 973-992-5000 ext. #5522. Before you submit a Service Request online, please first visit the Self-Help FAQs. You may find what you need without having to submit a request.What do I need to submit a Service Request? 
If you are submitting a Service Request online, in addition to an email address, you must include your name, address, and telephone number. You also have to provide the street location of the incident and the issue. If you are submitting a service request by calling 973 992-5000 ext. #5522, you need only the street where the issue is and the issue.

How can I get an email account?
You can open an email account using Google’s Gmail or Yahoo Mail in less than five minutes.

Why can’t I submit an anonymous request?
Anonymous requests are not accepted online, but you may submit an anonymous request by calling 973 992-5000 ext. #5522.

What if my Service Request is urgent? 
If you have an emergency, call 911 as you normally would. The Service Request form and phone number are only for non-emergency requests, questions, and information.

What else might I have to include in the Service Request submission?
Many types of Service Requests will prompt you for further information, which will assist the responder in resolving and closing your request. The more you can tell us about the issue and its location, the faster your request can be resolved.

How long does it take to resolve a Service Request?
The time it takes to close, or resolve, a Service Request varies from request to request, depending on the issue and the tasks required. Staff members attempt to resolve every request as quickly as possible. For example, as long as weather permits, a pothole reported in the morning will often be filled by the evening of the same day.

Will I be updated on the progress of my Service Request?
You should receive a notification after you create your Service Request and another when it is closed/resolved. You may receive additional updates depending on the person handling it and the issue itself.

Can I call to check the status of my Service Request?
If you haven’t received notification that your Service Request has been closed/resolved within a month, you may call 973-992-5000 ext. #5522 to check its status. Please have your Service Request ID Number ready when you call.

Why is the Township using this system?
Using this Service Request System helps to ensure that all issues reported by our citizens are handled appropriately and as quickly as possible. The system’s reporting capabilities also help us make well-informed decisions about staffing and equipment needs, project priorities and management, and budget requests and creation.