Policy & Procedures
- Program fees will not be returned to your credit card account.
- Programs are subject to cancellation if minimum enrollment is not met. Participants will receive a credit back to the family account to be used for future registrations or a full refund with no administrative fee will be issued in the form of a check.
- Refunds may also be given if the space is filled from a waiting list, a medical excuse can be verified or the family or participant is moving from the area.
- Fees will not be prorated for those registering after a program has started.
- No makeup or substitution of classes missed, unless cancellation by SYLS and make up session is scheduled.
- Refunds for the above reasons may be charged a $10.00 administrative fee.
- Any approved refunds given after the program has begun will be prorated.
- Please allow a minimum of 30 days for refund processing.
- Residency is required for all preschool, youth, senior transportation and most aquatic programs.
- To receive resident rates, Livingston residents are required to present identification such as a valid driver’s license, photo ID card or utility bill.
- Non-residents may register for select adult and senior programs at a higher rate than residents. Non-resident registration will open one (1) week after resident registration opens.
- Resident rates are indicated by (R) and non-resident rates by (NR) following the fee. If no delineation of resident or non-resident fee is made, the program is open to residents only.
- Please refer to the “Sports—Adults” section for detailed information on residency requirements for sports activities.
- The Senior, Youth & Leisure Services does not carry accident insurance. We strongly recommend that all participants be covered by personal or family insurance.
- The Township Tax Identification Number: 22-600-2040.
Please save your program receipts for tax purposes. Copies may be obtained at the township offices, but may require up to five (5) business days to process.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
- If Livingston Public Schools (LPS) are cancelled, SYLS programs beginning before 3PM will be cancelled. Programs beginning after 3PM will be addressed by 2PM that day. Messages are posted on LPS website, www.livingston.org, LPS closing line, 973-535-8000, select “8”, SYLS website, www.livingstonsyls.org.
- For delayed openings, all programs will meet as scheduled unless weather conditions deteriorate during the day. Messages will be posted on SYLS website, www.livingstonsyls.org. For early dismissals, all evening activities, including all open play programs, are cancelled.
- Saturday & Sunday programs will be decided by 9AM that day and/or throughout the day as needed. Messages will be posted on SYLS website, www.livingstonsyls.org.
- Special events and/or school break programs will be handled on an as needed basis.
Youth & Adult Sports Programs
- If Livingston schools are cancelled or dismissed early, all activities held in the evening in school facilities are cancelled.
- Severe weather arising during the day will be addressed at 3PM. Messages will be posted on SYLS website, www.livingstonsyls.org.
- Saturday & Sunday programs will be decided by 9AM that day and/or throughout the day as needed.
All information regarding weather cancellations will be put on the Sports Update Line. Please check the line after the times listed above for the most up-to-date information.
UPDATE LINE INFORMATION:
Sports: Press “2”
Community: press “3“
Sign up for Township email notices to get up to date information:
- Reminders regarding program registration dates and deadlines
- Cancellations due to inclement weather
- Special Events and much more!