Pothole Repair & Road Maintenance
The primary function of the Public Works Department is maintaining municipal roads, curbs, storm drains and shade trees. Here are just some of the jobs handled by our Public Works Department employees:
- Responding to work orders generated as the result of citizen service requests.
- Conducting the metal recycling collection.
- Collecting and disposing of approximately 38,000 cubic yards of leaves every fall.
- Conducting a street sweeping program from April through October.
- Conducting a curb repair program from the Spring through the Summer.
- Conducting a year-round road and pothole repair program.
- Maintaining sidewalks on Township property.
- Supervising an annual crack sealing and microsurfacing program.
- Conducting a catch basin cleaning program that includes annually inspecting and cleaning over 3,100 catch basins, as needed.
- Conducting a year-round tree trimming, removal and planting program.
- Plowing all Township roads and school parking lots, including cleaning snow from public-owned sidewalks and municipal facilities.
- Providing street sign maintenance.
- Assisting other Township Departments as needed.
- Maintaining parks and athletic fields.
- Providing direction and supervision for the Division of Water and Sewer.
– Snow & Ice Removal Hotline
– Garbage Collection
– Metal Collection
– Leaf Collection
– Township Maps
– PSE&G – NJ
– JCP&L / First Energy
– Adopt-A-Hydrant Program